Being forced to retire early (before social security) can be a financial challenge. Every monthly expense needs to be looked at to see if it is necessary or not. The Holidays become more stressful as you try to budget for gifts and meals. I just got done placing an online grocery order, so I know what I’m talking about. We bought our turkey at Target for $1.19 per pound. The remainder of the meal will come from a local grocery store that has a $20 discount if you spend $100. This is in addition to the numerous digital coupons that we used. Taking advantage of sales, coupons, and special offers we typically save between 25% and 35% on our grocery bill.
Top 10 Benefits of Early Retirement
- You can put off doing things until later.
- You can stay up late and get up late if you want to.
- You can wear the same clothes all week if you want to.
- You can spend as much time as you want on your hobbies.
- You only need to complete one daily task to feel a sense of accomplishment.
- You can shop between 10 AM and 3 PM with all the other retired people.
- You can look at all the stuff you accumulated over the years.
- You have time to think about more stuff you wish you could buy.
- You have time to think about your past and future life choices.
- Your pets will become your new best friends.